Running coach, Oiselle athlete, PickyBars founder, and former pro-runner, Lauren Fleshman wrote an article in Runner’s World years ago that stuck with me. In it, she made her case about why the 5K race distance was “Freaking Awesome.” I’d love for you to join me in this 5K series with the goal of competing with your-own-badass-self. #5Kforthewin
Base Plan includes:
- 3 x Virtual 5K Races
- 1st 5K on Day 1 as a time trial for baseline data
- 2nd 5K at 4 weeks as a tune up/ check in
- 3rd 5K after week 8 as a true test of fitness. Your goal is to beat your 1st time!
- Bib download for each virtual race
- Finisher Certificate at the completion of the series
- 8 weeks of the following:
- Private FB group for encouragement and accountability
- One speed workout per week for 8 weeks designed to push your pace (delivered via FB group).
- You are free to choose how often/far you go during the rest of the week (though I recommend a few slow, easy runs plus a long run on the weekend IF you are already comfortable with the 5K distance. If it is new to you, build up to it gradually).
- I also recommend 1-2 days of cross training plus 1-2 days of rest.
- A portion of the proceeds will be donated to FLAG, which supports local restaurants and provides food to front line workers (shout out to Gina McGuire from Madison High School for creating the non-profit that went viral!).
Pro plan includes everything from Base PLUS a Run Fit Stoked shirt (choice of tank or T-shirt)*
*You must be able to pick up shirts in Belmar or please add $4 for shipping.
I am stoked to help you train for your FASTEST 5K EVER! If you choose to post pictures of your workouts or race results, please tag @runnercov, #runfitstoked, and #rfsFastest5KChallenge.