You Qua-RUN-tined in 2020 when races were cancelled. The spring of 2021 may still have you feeling a little static, stale, and stiff but also hopeful. Here’s a NEW list of items for you to photograph, post, and tag on Instagram (@runnercov #runfitstoked) to help you lace up and get out the door. Have all your pics in by Friday, April 30th for a chance to win a raffle prize! Cheers to running not being cancelled and some group runs in our near future!
Are you ready to burn some calories for a special cause before consuming loads of chili, wings and beer on February 7, 2021?!
Here’s how to join the Run Fit Stoked squad for the Superbowl Sunday 5K:
- Click here to donate $10 or more to LLS through my Team in Training Fundraising page as part of the Re(solution) Challenge.
- Fill out this form to sign the waiver and receive a digital race bib to don while you’re running (or just to keep as a souvenir). If you’d like a Run Fit Stoked sticker, you can also add your mailing address.
- Run a 5K (3.1 miles) on any course between Monday, Feb 1 and Sunday, Feb 7 (local run on 2/7 @ 8am). Football attire optional, social distancing mandatory, pictures or it didn’t happen. Be sure to tag @runnercov and @runfitstoked in your Instagram stories/posts!
- Get an official Run Fit Stoked Finisher’s Certificate and brag about it to all of your friends. Better yet- get them involved! Sharing is caring (Send them back to step one).
If you choose to accept this challenge, on behalf of blood cancer patients and our families, as always, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Go Jets… jk. But Go Team! #cancersucks #wemustneverquit #teamintraining
Running coach, Oiselle athlete, PickyBars founder, and former pro-runner, Lauren Fleshman wrote an article in Runner’s World years ago that stuck with me. In it, she made her case about why the 5K race distance was “Freaking Awesome.” I’d love for you to join me in this 5K series with the goal of competing with your-own-badass-self. #5Kforthewin
Base Plan includes:
- 3 x Virtual 5K Races
- 1st 5K on Day 1 as a time trial for baseline data
- 2nd 5K at 4 weeks as a tune up/ check in
- 3rd 5K after week 8 as a true test of fitness. Your goal is to beat your 1st time!
- Bib download for each virtual race
- Finisher Certificate at the completion of the series
- 8 weeks of the following:
- Private FB group for encouragement and accountability
- One speed workout per week for 8 weeks designed to push your pace (delivered via FB group).
- You are free to choose how often/far you go during the rest of the week (though I recommend a few slow, easy runs plus a long run on the weekend IF you are already comfortable with the 5K distance. If it is new to you, build up to it gradually).
- I also recommend 1-2 days of cross training plus 1-2 days of rest.
- A portion of the proceeds will be donated to FLAG, which supports local restaurants and provides food to front line workers (shout out to Gina McGuire from Madison High School for creating the non-profit that went viral!).
Pro plan includes everything from Base PLUS a Run Fit Stoked shirt (choice of tank or T-shirt)*
*You must be able to pick up shirts in Belmar or please add $4 for shipping.
I am stoked to help you train for your FASTEST 5K EVER! If you choose to post pictures of your workouts or race results, please tag @runnercov, #runfitstoked, and #rfsFastest5KChallenge.
RUN STREAK REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you for your interest. Please check back for more challenges in the future!
Here’s your opportunity to support local businesses, charity, and complete a badass fitness challenge all in one shot. Join the Run Fit Stoked Summer Run Streak!!!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Run at least one mile EVERY DAY from Memorial Day to 4th of July
WHAT YOU GET:
- Entry in a raffle to win cool prizes (i.e. gift cards to local businesses)
- Accountability & support from a certified running coach & the Run Fit Stoked community
- A Run Fit Stoked sticker
*A portion of all entry fees will be donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society*
Follow directions below to join the challenge today!!!
- Venmo $10 @runfitstoked.
- Fill out this form.
- Wait for an email from me with your daily log.
- RUN (or walk) at least one mile every day from Memorial Day to 4th of July. Then log your miles.
- Watch on social media for raffle winners.
- HAVE FUN!
When you join the challenge, you’ll be invited to join a private Facebook group where you are welcome to share photos, successes, gripes, etc. When you post pics on social media, be sure to tag @runnercov and use #rfsrunstreak. Sharing is caring! Hope to see you out there…
Cancelled races and stay-at-home orders got ya down? Don’t let it curb your enthusaism for running! Instead of binge watching Tiger King, lace up, get out your door, and bring your phone to snap a few pics along the way. Check these items off as you go along and follow the rules below to be entered in a randomly -drawn raffle for a small prize! Happy hunting!!!
1. All items must be seen while on a RUN.
2. Credit for each item is only awarded with photographic evidence (posted to social media and tagged with @runnercov and #runfitstoked OR sent via one email to firstname.lastname@example.org with attachments/shared google folder).
3. All photos must be your own.
4. Social distancing and typical rules of the road apply. Please remember to be safe and protect yourself and those around you.
5. Completed lists must be in by 11:59 pm on Friday, April 20, 2020.
6. Rules are subject to change at any time.